This class involves drawing from direct observation with an emphasis on space, volume, linear and free hand perspective, and other basic techniques and concepts. There is an emphasis on line as the principle conveyor of form. The student is expected to develop disciplined work habits and an understanding of the visual artist’s formal language.
Learning goals for this class:
• Understand the formal language of drawing and the fundamentals of artistic expression
• Understand the basic principles of linear perspective
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of the principles of composition, proportion & texture
• Understand the effect of light on three-dimensional forms as it applies to drawing
• Master a number of dry drawing media to realistically render subjects from direct observation
• Develop the ability to verbally articulate ideas and processes in drawing
• Demonstrate knowledge about various drawing styles in art history and cultures
Sessions & Dates
April 5 ~ June 7, 2021
*No class: May 31 (Memorial Day)
We continue to accept registration after the semester begins.
Tuition will be prorated accordingly.
*No Class: May 31, 2021 (Memorial Day)
Thu 2:30 pm - 4:20 pm
( 1h 50m )
9 Week-Tuition: $360