This course is a learning program that focuses on basic design fundamentals. Unlike some traditional jewelry design classes, this course focuses on the first steps to design Jewelry. With hands on instruction and guidance, you will learn how Jewelry is made and the process to a finished product.
Topics covered in the Jewelry Designer Course include the following:
Learning the Basics of Jewelry Design
• Types of Jewelry Items
• Varieties of Jewelry Materials
• Equipment and Supplies for Creating Jewelry
• The Design Process from Idea to Prototype
• Making Wax Design
• Basic Metal Fabrication
• Basic Polishing
• Enhancing Your Aesthetic Sense and Creativity
• Sketching by Hand
• Learning by Doing
• Formal and Informal Ways to Master Your Craft
Nov. 2, 2020 ~ Jan. 23, 2021
No classes: Nov. 24~28, 2020 (Thanksgiving), Dec. 22~Jan. 02 (Winter Break)
We continue to accept registration after the semester begins.
Tuition will be prorated accordingly.
Thu 1:00 pm - 2:50 pm
9 Week-Tuition: $360