Updated: Feb 26
Pratt Institute - Early Action, Scholarship $100,800, Interior Design
Parsons School of Design - Early Action, Scholarship $88,000, Interior Design
The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) - Early Action, Scholarship $62,000, Interior Design
1. How do you feel about your college acceptance?
I’m happy and I feel rewarded for what I've accomplished so far.
2. What was the most difficult aspect of your portfolio preparation?
The most difficult thing was concentrating on a single piece of artwork. Each piece of work requires strong patience.
3. When did you start the portfolio class and how did you prepare your portfolio?
I started the portfolio class at the end of the second quarter of junior year. I kind of started late so I always tried to follow the teacher's directions, and every time that I have free time I kept thinking about new ideas for my portfolio.
4. What is your favorite piece of artwork that you made?
My favorite piece is my performance work. While I performed it was really embarrassing but at the same time I had fun and I really like the result of my performance. It also gave me a new experience.
5. What was the decision process like when you were looking at schools? What was the most important aspect for you when making that decision?
The deciding factor was my major. Pratt has the best curriculum for my major, great professors, and a good environment for studying. The most important part was that I thought if I go to that school, I can really enjoy studying my major there.
6. Do you have any advice for the new portfolio students?
Just trying to follow the teachers' directions. I don’t mean do not say your ideas but you need to know how to accept teachers' advice. It is one of the most important things in portfolio class. But you shouldn't rely too much on your teachers. Relying on teachers does not help you to improve. And secondly be patient when working on each piece of artwork. I think the outcome of the artwork is different depending on how much effort and patience you put into your work.
7. Can you tell us why you chose to enroll at NYSA? Tell us your thoughts about the NYSA!
I choose to go to NYSA. Compared to other portfolio classes, in my opinion, NYSA has the strongest artistic spirit, the teachers are great and give me lots of inspiration. While attending here I felt they directed me in the right way, and they sincerely cared about me.