Updated: Apr 27
Laguna College of Art + Design (LCAD) - Animation, Merit Based Scholarship $32,000
School of Visual Arts (SVA) - Illustration
Virginia Commonwealth University - Communication Arts
Ringling College of Art and Design - Illustration
Pratt MWP - Illustration, Scholarship $56,000
1. How do you feel about your college acceptance?
I am very happy, surprised, and excited.
2. What was the most difficult aspect of your portfolio preparation?
Keeping my hope and determination was the most difficult thing during my portfolio preparation. There were times I felt like it wasn’t going to be enough, but I pushed through.
3. When did you start the portfolio class, and how did you prepare your portfolio?
I started the portfolio class in November 2020. I went to class for 3 hours, 4 times a week.
4. What is your favorite artwork that you made?
I cannot pick! I love every piece I made! But if I were to pick, maybe my digital work will be my favorite artwork.
5. When choosing a college how did you decide on where to apply?
I haven’t decided yet but I am thinking of deciding with help from a professional and someone with a different perspective.
6. Do you have any advice for the new portfolio students?
Don’t give up please! Work hard every day.
7. Tell us your thoughts about the NYSA!
NYSA really helped my push through and taught me a lot about artwork and organization. I would definitely recommend it to any student interested in art school!