NYSA will follow the CDC's Guidance for Operating Youth Camps.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. International School of Arts (DBA. New York School of Arts, DBA. NYSA) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, New York School of Arts cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, participation could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- To timely notify the NYSA in the event the student has contracted, tested positive, or likely was exposed to COVID-19; That in the event the student has, or likely was exposed to, or tested positive for COVID-19, parent will not send Student to New York School of Arts for a period of (14) days after such exposure, or in the event that student contracts or tested positive for COVID-19, until after such student has tested negative for COVID-19 and a board-certified physician has provided a written release clearing the student to return to class;
- By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participation; and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at NYSA. may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, NYSA’s employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
- I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or illness I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or illness myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so in the state where NYSA is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- By signing this document, I agree that if I am exposed or infected by COVID-19 during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.
- I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.
- I agree that I will practice safe social distancing and clean hygiene during my participation at NYSA.